It’s Time to Make Your Annual Gift
Our new fiscal year begins July 1. Can we count on you to give $3/month or more?
We can’t do all that we do without you!
SISTERHOOD IS FOR EVERY IHC WOMAN.
NOW, WE ASK FOR YOUR HELP FOR 2022-23!
In 2015, we made the brave decision to move from a ‘Dues’ system to voluntary giving. This means that every person who identifies as a woman is automatically a Sisterhood member. Our goal is to be more inclusive with the hopes that every woman of IHC will take pride in our Sisterhood and contribute something.
IHC has nearly 800 women members, yet only about 100 contribute to Sisterhood. We can do better, but only with your help.
Our new fiscal year starts July 1. Will you help us with your gift of just $3/month or $36 (double chai) a year? If that’s more than you can give right now, please give what you can. If you can give more, please do.
Consider becoming a Matriarch with any of these levels:
Sarah $180 & Above
Leah Under $54
A gift of $54 or more makes you a contributor to Women of Reform Judaism (WRJ)
Sisterhood is a welcoming, caring and engaging community within IHC. Sisterhood empowers women of IHC by creating an atmosphere for personal and spiritual growth. We are almost 105 years old (we don’t look it do we?) and Sisterhood remains an integral part of Indianapolis Hebrew Congregation, by providing funding for temple projects and programs and providing the Woman Power to get things done!
Click here to get to our full website to see all that we offer!
To join together in Sisterhood and, guided by the principles of Reform Judaism, strengthen our congregation, our community and ourselves.
Become a Contributor
Now that Sisterhood does not charge “dues”, we are counting on every woman of IHC to make a contribution of any amount. Our new fiscal year runs July 1-June 30 and it’s time for you to make your annual gift, that helps us do all that we do for ourselves, IHC and our community.
Here are the ways you can support Sisterhood:
- Become a Contributor with a donation (of any amount) to support our 2022-23 programs & projects. Even if you don’t have time to be active in Sisterhood right now, we ask you to please support us financially. We can’t do all that we do without you!
- Attend our incredible events, even if it is just one or two a year …we promise, you will enjoy it. We make every effort to keep these free or low cost, when possible.
- Volunteer! It’s a great way to get to know each other! And we always have fun!
- Participate in our annual fundraising efforts like Hamentashen sales, Raffle, Hanukkah Hellos, and others!
- Contribute to the WRJ YES Fund
- Serve or chair a committee
You should become a Contributor because Sisterhood:
- Helps nurture new friendships to help you feel more connected to each other and IHC.
- Provides stimulating programming and social events, including our lively Torah Talk with Rabbi Brett, Sisters in the Sukkah, and our popular Women’s Seder.
- Engages with the surrounding community through our many Social Action projects such as providing food for school breaks, Thanksgiving baskets for families in need, support for victims of domestic violence and food insecurity.
- Supports every aspect of Temple life with almost $45,000 in annual financial gifts! Last year, we gave another $18,000 to launch IHC’s streaming of services.
Stay Connected with IHC Sisterhood!
2022-23 Board of Directors
President – Ruth Anderson
Immediate Past President – Rise’ Friedman
Vice President of Membership – Sonja Kantor
Vice President of Fundraising – Carol Bogar
Vice President of Religious Living – Dana Parker
Co-Vice Presidents of Membership Meetings – Amy Isaacs & Eloise Paul
Treasurer – Karen Rossen
Assistant Treasurer – Rebecca Willis
Registrar – Victoria Hyatt Cahn
Corresponding Secretary – Elizabeth Wertz
Recording Secretary – Karen Katz
Parliamentarian – Anita Dansker
Director of Operations – Carolyn Hiser
Director of Social Action – Bennie Silver
Director of Communications – Sara Cox
Director of The Gift Shop – Bonnie Foster
Gift Shop Volunteer Coordinator – Marcella Slabosky
Gift Shop Bookkeeper – Elyse Chuvalas
Director of YES Fund – Lily Zurkovsky
Chair of ByLaws & Policies – Andrea Pactor
Chair of Hamentashen – Judy Levy
Chair of Lilith Salon – Andrea Burnett
Donate to the YES Fund
The Youth, Education, and Special Projects (YES) Fund represents the collective financial efforts of individual donors and WRJ-affiliated sisterhoods to strengthen the Reform Movement and ensure the future of Reform Judaism.
Honor our Confirmands with a YES Fund Card
Each year we have the opportunity to congratulate our Confirmands and their parents. Download the form and return by May 13.
Shop in our Beautiful Gift Shop
Pick Your Prize Annual Raffle – Coming This Summer!
Sisterhood has made the decision to move our annual raffle to later this summer, so that we do not conflict with IHC’s 2022 High Holy Day Appeal. But don’t worry, we are working on getting some great raffle prizes.
Speaking of that, if you have gift cards, items or handcrafted gifts you want to donate, please email us and our VP of Fundraising, Carol Bogar will get back with you.
Become a 2022-23 IHC Sisterhood Contributor
Imagine What More We Can Do Together If Every IHC Woman Contributed Just $3/Month ($36/Year)!
Continuing in 2022-23, every adult woman of IHC is a Sisterhood member. We invite you to participate with Sisterhood by providing contact information and help us make IHC stronger than ever with your financial contribution. If you can’t give $36 right now, give what you can. If you can give more than $36, that’s great. Your 2022-23 contribution helps support IHC and WRJ programs that touch youth, education, and special projects. Your 2021 contribution applies July 1 – June 30.