We are excited to continue our partnership with Silverthorn Farm. Located in northern Clinton County, near Rossville, Indiana, the farm is owned and operated by the Park’s family and they are committed to a sustainable approach using organic growing methods to produce delicious, healthy food.
Every week, Silverthorn Farm will deliver a large variety of fresh, local, and sustainably grown products to the Indianapolis Hebrew Congregation for you to pick up and enjoy. Here is what you can expect:
· Spring veggies: greens such as kale, arugula, lettuces, and microgreens
· Summer veggies: tomatoes, peppers, corn, broccoli, melons, cantaloupe, potatoes, squashes, cucumbers, beans, and eggplants.
· Fall and Winter veggies: potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut, spaghetti, and acorn squash, pumpkins, arugula, salad mix, kales, and other greens
· Meats and Eggs: Indiana grass-fed, pastured meats such as beef, chicken, bison, and lamb. Animals are raised humanely and are happily grazing and foraging as they are meant to.
· Other local products: Cheese, honey, maple syrup, and sorghum are some of the products they source from other Indiana farmers.
Jewish writer Abby Greenberg teaches that "because our bodies are receptacles of our souls, and vessels of God's light, we must keep them healthy and consider carefully what we put into them.” Eating produce that is grown without the use of chemicals and pesticides is healthier for our families, those who are hired to work in the fields, and for the earth. Purchasing these products from Silverthorn also supports our local farming community. We encourage you to sign up! You can design your own custom box online with each order you make. Your selection will be delivered to the IHC Temple on Tuesdays every week of the season and pick up will be from 2pm-5:30pm.
Please note that the IHC location is only open to IHC members and ECC families. Additionally, you can utilize any pickup site at 18 different locations and times on the Silverthorn website.
To sign up visit goo.gl/RNoQVy If you have any questions contact Michael at [email protected] .