65 or older? Out of the county on Nov. 3? In the Military or a College Student? Disabled or will be confined due to illness or injury?
These are all reasons to vote by absentee ballot. Here is how…
- First check your registration information at https://indianavoters.in.gov or call your election office
- You must file an application to receive an absentee ballot for the November election.
Deadline for submitting an application for an absentee ballot: October 22, 2020, at 11:59 P.M.
- Complete the application A.S.A.P. and do not wait. This helps the county clerk’s office and assures you will receive your absentee ballot in time to get it back.
- How to complete the application for the absentee ballot online or download the application.
By computer: https://indianavoters.in.gov
- Download and send: click on Vote by Mail: Apply Online/Get Forms. Then click on ABS-Mail 2020 to download an application to complete and mail to your county Voter Registration Office.
- Fill out online: https://indianavoters.in.gov then click on Visit My Voter Portal, enter your personal information and proceed to your Voter Page to complete the application online.
- Call or visit your county Election Office to request an application for the absentee ballot.
- The excuses: You will be asked to indicate an excuse on the application. There are 11 accepted excuses. View the list of accepted excuses at https://indianavoters.in.gov
The deadline to return the application: October 22, 2020, by 11:59 P.M.
Marion County Election office
200 E. Washington St.W-144
Indianapolis, IN 46204
317.327.VOTE or 317.327.5100
Hamilton County Election Office\ Email the Office
1 Hamilton County Square
Noblesville, IN 46060
- Once you receive your mailed ballot from your election office:
- Read all instructions carefully:
- Mark your ballot with your election choices
- Sign the return envelope as you usually sign – your signature will be compared to a signature on file at the election office
- Be sure to sign your own ballot envelope + put your own ballot in your own envelope + never put more than 1 ballot in 1 envelope.
- Return your ballot immediately: FINAL Deadline: November 3, 2020 at 12:00 NOON
- By mail: it is recommended to MAIL a ballot at least FOURTEEN DAYS BEFORE THE ELECTION, or October 22. After that date, it is recommended that you hand-deliver it to the Voter Registration Office to ensure it is received by 12 NOON ON NOVEMBER 3, 2020.
- Hand deliver: Your mail-in absentee ballot can be hand-delivered to the county Election Office any time up to the noon deadline.
Absentee ballots that arrive at the Voter Registration Office after 12 Noon on November 3, are considered late and will not be counted. The postmark on the ballot envelope does not count