Here is an updated message from our Brit Olam Social Justice Team:
- Governor Holcomb has made it possible for everybody to vote by Absentee Ballot. But, you must first complete an Absentee Ballot Application. This application must be downloaded, signed and returned by May 21 by 11:59 pm. This application is good for any county in Indiana; just check for the return mailing address for each county on page 2 of the application. Registered voters in Boone and Marion counties will be sent an absentee ballot application. All others must request it.
- The Indiana Primary Election has been moved to June 2, 2020. Voter Registration deadline for the June 2 Primary is Monday, May 4. Click here to confirm you are registered to vote or to register to vote, and to access the ballot application.
- Once your Absentee Ballot Application is received and processed, you will be sent an Absentee Ballot.
- Your ballot should arrive within about 10 days after you submit your application – if it doesn’t arrive, call your County Clerk’s office to find out why
- We recommend using the League of Women Voters guide available at www.Vote411.org to get information about candidates and learn about any referendums that may be on your ballot
- Now it’s time for you to vote!
- After you have filled in your ballot, put it in the envelope provided
- IMPORTANT: Don’t forget to sign and date the ballot envelope!
- You can now put your completed ballot in the mail – return your completed ballot in the mail well in advance of the June 2 deadline
- Ballots are due June 2, election day by noon in order for it to be counted. As of now, they must ARRIVE at the election office by June 2 at noon; postmarks don’t count.
Click here for instructions on how to vote by absentee ballot (and how to complete the application).
Click here to download the 2020 Application for the 2020 Absentee Ballot for the Primary Election on June 2, 2020.
Click here to watch a video explaining how to check to see if your mailed ballot arrived at the election office, and points along the way.